Your business, like all businesses, relies on a lot of moving parts to function. That’s the reality. What isn’t the reality is that you have no control over whether these moving parts will break down, and that you have to just sit and wait for it to happen, reacting when it does.
Waiting to react is basically accepting downtime as a part of doing business. You need to be proactive – not accepting downtime and rejecting it as the waste of time and money that it is. In order to pull this off, it is crucial that you change your perspective. Why wait for something to go wrong when you can prevent a bad outcome by acting now?
However, with all your other responsibilities, you certainly can’t just add this to your itinerary, and hiring some internal staff to cover this probably isn’t considered in your budget. Your best bet is to look outside of your staff, and outsource these responsibilities to a managed IT services provider like Kite Technology. As your IT provider we can leverage a solution commonly known as remote monitoring and management (RMM) which working remotely, enables us to catch issues early and fix them, giving your business a few additional benefits to enjoy.
- You’ll understand your business’ IT needs better. We’ve all had those nagging questions about our IT before. Why is it that our storage always seems to fill up with more than we put in? We just updated this, why is it running so slow? Eventually\ we’ve just accepted things the way they are… until things get worse. RMM turns that into a non-issue. We’ll have a front-row seat, ready to spot anything that needs to be resolved and take care of it. You might never know about even half the threats that are stopped once we step in.
- You’ll not only increase your internal productivity, you’ll decrease your downtime. The more prepared your systems are to handle your demands, the better they will be able to do so. It’s as simple as that. So instead of stumbling across repeated problems and known issues over and over, you and your team can get down to business.The same goes for downtime. With KiteTech on your side, causes of downtime can be predicted and planned for, if not mitigated. This allows you to find some way of otherwise being productive, rather than sitting there and staring blankly at a screen.
- You’ll know about your maintenance needs. Your internal network is kind of the “engine” of your business, as it helps drive your processes forward. Just like an actual engine, it’s going to need a tune-up every now and then to keep things going. The nice thing about understanding your maintenance needs is that you can see to them, acting before something forces you to act. Our team can even see to it that this kind of maintenance happens after hours, so there will be a minimal disruption (if any) to your daily productivity.
- Your efficiency will increase. This is the real problem with downtime – when an employee encounters a problem, it’s going to bring their efficiency to zero. Even if they’ve become accustomed to this problem and have devised a way to work around it, this is still eating into your operational time unnecessarily. Remote monitoring and management can help reduce distractions like these by identifying and resolving the root issue. Instead of wasting the time your employees have to do their work, technical difficulties can be mitigated behind the scenes.
- Your security will be improved. NotPetya and WannaCry were both ransomware attacks that demonstrated how under-prepared many companies were, because they hadn’t installed some security updates – even with the time between these two widespread attacks. Many paid dearly for it. Yes, updating systems can be a pain. However, working with us means that you wouldn’t have to run these updates, because we would do it for you, which lets you focus on your operations.
If you’d like to talk to find out more about remote monitoring and management services just give us a call at 855-290-KITE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology doesn’t last forever; there will come a time when it needs to be serviced in order to keep up with your business’ expectations. You can approach this in two different ways. The first way is the traditional break/fix model, which just asks you to address problems when your device breaks. In this case, you just use it until it doesn’t work the way you want it to. While this approach works at first glance, its high cost compared to the other alternatives due to the immense amount of productivity wasted and maintenance fees associated with fixing broken technology solutions.
The better option is managed IT services utilizing a remote monitoring system. This allows for a preventative system that can address issues with a network before they disrupt your organization’s operations. Since you’re preventing issues from becoming major problems, you’re cutting out unexpected fees in exchange for a much more predictable monthly rate.
How RMM Helps Businesses
Remote monitoring and maintenance is what enables managed IT services to exist in its current form. The premise of managed IT is that the managed service provider is the one responsible for the management and upkeep of your network. RMM allows this to happen without an on-site visit, allowing for less travel time (waiting time in your case) and fewer disruptions in the office. This translates to many benefits for your business, including:
- Less wasted time: Since you’re not losing productivity due to issues as frequently with RMM, you can keep in-house disruptions–a visit from us included–from creating wasted time for your workers.
- Faster resolution: If you cut out the costs of travel and the time involved with doing so, you’ll find that issues can be resolved much faster, allowing you and your employees to stay on task.
- Streamlined maintenance: The best problems to have are the ones that can be resolved without knowing that they’ve even surfaced. This is the main draw of RMM–potential issues can be resolved before they become a problem in the first place, meaning that you’ll experience less downtime overall.
Kite Technology can help your business get started with RMM solutions and MSP services. To learn more, reach out to us at 855-290-KITE.
Technology is critical to the success of your business. You rely on it for productivity, efficiency, and security. Your organization can’t run as intended without constant access to important data and systems. If a business can’t afford to maintain and implement adequate technology solutions, they will often pay untrained employees to do what they can, but this comes with too many risks to be effective.
Managed IT services like those offered by Kite Technology are great for small businesses that have a limited budget. Part of our job is making sure that your network and infrastructure are working as efficiently as possible, all while keeping it secure from external threats that could create dangerous situations for your sensitive data. We can monitor networks for threats and vulnerabilities, as well as resolve them remotely without an expensive on-site visit. With careful analysis and threat prevention, it’s possible to eliminate threats before they can even become an issue in the first place. You can expect an increase in security and reduced downtime due to your systems being less prone to failure and preparing for potential threats.
Our goal at KIteTech is to provide you with as much value as possible from your IT solutions. Whether it’s eliminating unnecessary steps through automation or making things easier for your employees, saving time adds value by saving time and resources that are better spent elsewhere. In a sense, you can rest easy knowing that we are taking proper care of your technology, as our reputation and business model depend on your business getting the most value out of our services as possible.
Making decisions regarding your technology can be daunting, especially if it’s not your strongest suit. Our organization can hook you up with only the most trusted, most reputable vendors in the industry that want to keep your business as successful as possible. We’ll find the best solutions at the most competitive price, and our technicians won’t rest until your technology is working in the most optimal way. Our staff will support your every endeavor, and you can count on us to help you with everything from infrastructure implementation to help desk support.
Furthermore, we continue to provide support and patching as issues are resolved by software developers, ensuring that your infrastructure is as secure as possible from all avenues of attack. The peace of mind this generates for your organization is valuable in itself, as you can spend less time worrying about threats and more time focusing on your work.
For more information about IT services, call us at 855-290-KITE.
IT support is one of the most important parts of any modern business simply because it’s just not feasible to run a business without any form of technology at its core. For example, most businesses rely on email and other forms of communication, whereas stores might require access to a point-of-sale software to sell their wares. Either way, it’s critical to the success of most businesses, and where there’s technology, there is bound to be someone who needs to manage and maintain it.
Depending on the type of business you run, you might already have some sort of IT maintenance put in place for your organization. Some small businesses don’t have the budget to hire a comprehensive in-house IT department. In cases like this, your employees are given the responsibilities of taking care of their own technology solutions. While this might seem like a good way to approach technology, it’s actually the opposite–your employees likely aren’t trained in how to properly do this, so it could wind up being more expensive than you might think.
Imagine that an employee’s workstation needs to be updated in some way with the latest patches and security updates. They might try to do this, but they mess up the process and their PC is out of commission for the remainder of the day (or until someone gets around to fixing it). This means that not only do you have to waste time and effort on a second implementation process, but you also have to pay the employee for the time they spend waiting for the device to be fixed. This is called downtime, and it’s one of the biggest reasons why you don’t want to risk untrained technicians applying patches or administering IT maintenance.
Now imagine what happens when you do actually have an in-house IT department managing your technology maintenance. While they might be true professionals in their chosen craft, how do they spend their days? Do they throw away countless hours on IT support that could easily be accomplished by a dedicated help desk? Do they run in circles trying to keep up with their work? If you overload your in-house IT department, it can be like not having one at all.
These reasons and more are why a lot of companies have turned toward outsourcing for their IT needs. By working with a managed service provider like Kite Technology Group, you can leverage IT support as a service, meaning that you get all-you-can-eat IT maintenance based on your service level agreement. If you don’t have an in-house IT department (and even if you do), it’s a great way to supplement your business with accessible and affordable services. To learn more, reach out to Kite Technology Group at 855-290-KITE.
If you were considering increasing your investment into your information security in 2018, you certainly aren’t alone. Gartner released a report that indicated a considerable rise in plans to invest in key security considerations.
Closer analysis of these considerations shows that businesses around the world are paying attention to essential security requirements that have seen relatively smaller portions of budgetary spending in the past, as well as increasing their security investments as a whole. For example, while identity access management sees the smallest amount invested, it is anticipated that there will be an increase in spending of 9.7 percent between 2017 and 2018.
In addition, spending on network security, security services, and infrastructure protection is expected to rise by 6.7 percent, 11 percent, and 7.7 percent, respectively.
Why? Simply put, 2017 was a rough year, in terms of security breaches and other attacks. Worldwide events, like WannaCry and NotPetya, have shown the importance of comprehensive network security preparations. Another recent reinforcement of this lesson came when the Equifax breach came to light. As is usually the case when a certain something hits the metaphorical fan, businesses are taking notice.
However, if these projections prove accurate, it may still not be enough.
With technology becoming more and more critical to business operations with every week that goes by, cybersecurity is only going to become more important–important enough that an overall spending increase of 8% might not be enough of an investment. After all, technology is becoming a factor in more and more elements of life, which gives a botnet more ammunition–and that’s just one example.
Fortunately, many businesses are also planning on outsourcing their security needs to experienced and trusted professionals. Spending on that is expected to increase by 11%. Will some of this increase be due to your investment?
If it is, reach out to Kite Technology. Our IT professionals are adept in ways to keep your business secure, as well as ways to improve your business’ performance. Give us a call at 855-290-KITE for more information.
Identifying a qualified managed service provider can be challenging–especially if you don’t know what to look for. You should be able to gauge the worth of an IT provider based on a couple of key qualifications, just like you would if you were selecting an employee. What are some of the primary features that you want to look for in a managed service provider?
For any employee or organization that you deal with, you’ll want to hire only those who have some sort of industry experience that they can call upon. In this case, you’ll want your MSP to have some sort of information technology background so that they know how best to handle your business’s technology solutions. There will always be experience and knowledge that only comes from hands-on experience, so be sure that your prospective IT talent has some to spare.
Quicker Response Times
Have you ever dealt with an IT provider or a technician who doesn’t know the definition of acceptable response time? You always want your technicians to acknowledge when work needs to be done and to complete it within a reasonable timeframe. Time-wasting IT resources don’t provide much value for your organization, and the same can be said for your employees. It might sound cliche, but time is money, and you want the resources at your fingertips who can best manage it.
Scope of Service
You should consider how well-rounded your managed service provider is. What kind of services do they offer for your organization? You’ll find that a managed service provider that’s good for multiple solutions is much more efficient and useful than one who specializes in only one topic. You need to find your business an MSP that can handle a wide range of subjects ranging from network security to disaster recovery, and everything in between.